Meeting times are generally held on the second Tuesday of the month at 6.45pm in the school library, with an effort to hold one or two meetings a year during the day for parents with differing time commitments. Notification of meetings and other events is via our Parents Facebook group, the P&C newsletter, the School Website and via the QSchools App.
To become a current member fill in the form here or ask for one at the Uniform shop, and bring to the next P&C meeting. Both Sub-committes also hold meetings during the year, to find out more contact https://csspandc.org.au/music/ or contact Email: email@example.com
P&C meetings details 2020
Meeting will (where possible) be held monthly on the second Tuesday of the Month during School Terms.
- 11 February – Tuesday 6.45pm – School Library
- 10 March AGM – Tuesday 6.45pm – School Library
- 12 May – Daytime Meeting – Tuesday 3.30pm – ONLINE meeting
- 9 June – Tuesday 6.45pm – ONLINE
- 11 August – Tuesday 6.45pm – ONLINE
- 8 September – Tuesday 6.45pm – School Library
- 13 October – Morning Meeting – Tuesday 9am – Helping Hands
- 10 November – Tuesday 6.45pm – School Library
Participation in meetings is encouraged. Any new topics you may wish to introduce should be requested for inclusion on the Agenda prior to the meeting by emailing the P&C President firstname.lastname@example.org. Although agendas are structured, the process for participating allows for opportunities to contribute.
During a meeting, actions may be recorded against a person, or subcommittee. These may arise out of discussion or conversation and are a particular course of action that is expected to be undertaken. These actions form part of the meeting minutes. Everyone is held to account for the Actions associated with them, and previous meeting actions are discussed at the commencement of a meeting.
Motions occur frequently during meetings and usually involve an expenditure of funds or a decision to be made. The process is: someone moves an action, someone else seconds the motion, and discussion is held. Once completed, a vote is held. If the majority agree, the motion passes and the actions associated with the motion are recorded. If it is not passed, the motion is not carried. Voting usually takes place with a show of hands. It is noted that we encourage people to question the motion and not to vote for it if they aren’t comfortable in supporting that decision.
The Annual General Meeting is held by 31st March each year. The President’s Annual Report and the Annual Financial Report are presented at this meeting. Elections also take place for positions on the Executive Committee for the following year.
P&C meetings details 2019
- 13 February – Wednesday 7pm – School Library
- 27th March AGM – Wednesday 7pm – Resource Room above Library
- 21 May – Tuesday 6.45pm – School Library
- 25 July – Thursday 9am – Helping Hands
- 27 August – Tuesday 6.45pm – School Library
- 5 November – Tuesday 6.45pm – School Library