Parents and families are encouraged to be active in the life of the school. There are various ways you can help out.
- Join the P&C and get involved.
- Classroom assistance – We welcome any assistance parents and carers can give to assist in the classroom, particularly with reading.
- Camps and excursions – Supervisors are often required on camps and parents are often needed to assist with excursions. Requests are usually sent out to the families of children attending these.
- Fundraisers and events – Our Parent Liaison Officer is the main contact for parents wishing to participate in social functions with other parents. Parents of particular year levels are asked to assist with particular school events such as Tea and Tissues morning tea for new prep parents, BBQs, Year 6 Graduation.
- Spring Fair – Sunday 8th September 2019 – The Fair working group in 2019 Fair put together a wonderful Family event, we had so much help in large and small ways from our families and local community, thank you everyone.
- Tuckshop – help is often required to help provide lunches. Please contact Sunny in the tuckshop to help out.
- Parent Reps and social coordinators – At the start of each new year requests are sent out for parents to become Parent Reps to coordinate activities and social events for their child’s class or year level. This simply involves organising 2-3 events a year such as a picnic in the park, dinner at a restaurant or morning tea for parents.
- The School Community Liaison Officer is on hand to facilitate parent involvement.
Opportunities that arise throughout the year may be advertised via our monthly newsletter, or from emails via your class parent reps. If you are not a parent of a child within the school, you may be required to hold a Blue Card to volunteer.